Chaos Theory is looking for an experienced concept artist, with a particular focus on 2D character art and background thumbnails. This is a 3-month contract for a specific project, starting in January 2021. We are open to remote candidates, and working in or close to AEST is preferred.
The position will see you working with our creative lead and development team to help construct the characters and world for a PC strategy game.
Why Chaos Theory
- A role that works with your lifestyle: flexible working hours, a centrally-based office, and a competitive rate.
- Winner of Serious Game of The Year 2019 at the Australian Game Developer Awards.
- Strong company community with regular game nights, Friday lunches, 1-on-1's, and other events.
- We offer an open and inclusive work environment and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Gathering visual reference and creating mood boards and style guides.
- Creating sketches, thumbnails, storyboards, and other low fidelity assets to refine the creative vision.
- Creating detailed, semi-realistic, fantasy-inspired 2D character concepts.
- Creating fantasy-inspired 2D environment concepts.
- Creating 2D environment props that can be pieced together to create unique environments.
- Exporting assets for use in the Unity game engine.
- 1+ years’ experience producing or developing concept art for games, film, TV, etc.
- A in-depth understanding of games art pipeline.
- Highly proficient with the Adobe Suite.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A love for games!