Chaos Theory is looking for an experienced 3D generalist to join our Sydney-based game development studio. This is a 6-month contract with the possibility for extension for the right candidate, starting in January 2021.
The position will see you working alongside the art and development teams on several exciting applied games and entertainment games.
Why Chaos Theory
- A role that works with your lifestyle: flexible working hours, a centrally-based office, and a competitive rate.
- Winner of Serious Game of The Year 2019 at the Australian Game Developer Awards.
- Strong company community with regular game nights, Friday lunches, 1-on-1's, and other events.
- We offer an open and inclusive work environment and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Gathering visual reference and creating mood boards and style guides.
- 3D asset production, including: Modelling, Texturing, Rigging, Animating.
- Optimising or repurposing existing assets, including: polygon reduction, adjusting rigs, baking textures.
- Implementing assets in Unity. Creating materials, animation controllers, and prefabs.
- Creating lighting effects and visual effects in Unity.
- 2+ years’ experience producing or developing games, and at least 1 shipped title.
- A in-depth understanding of games art pipeline.
- Highly proficient with the Adobe Suite and Maya.
- Experience creating shaders (e.g. ShaderForge, Amplify, or hand-written) is highly desirable.
- Able to create high-quality, accurate low polygon 3D models and textures based on source material.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A love for games!