Chaos Theory is looking for an experienced producer to join our Sydney based game development studio, a full-time position starting in November 2020.
The position will see you lead the development of multiple products while helping shape the internal and external processes of our growing team. You will play a pivotal role in the future growth and direction of the company. You will be directly interacting with clients, managing the production team, and facilitating the delivery of a wide variety of interactive digital products, with a particular focus on games for change, serious games, mobile games, AR, and VR.
Why Chaos Theory
- Our team is focused on creating games that make the world a better place. We are driven to use games to create change across environmental, social, and humanitarian issues.
- Winner of Serious Game of The Year 2019 at the Australian Game Developer Awards (and 2021 with your help).
- Taking a senior role in a studio with 10 full time staff means that you will be integral in shaping the future of our company.
- A career that works with your lifestyle: flexible working hours, a centrally-based office, and a competitive salary.
- Strong company community with regular game nights, Friday lunches, 1-on-1's, and other events.
- We offer an open and inclusive work environment and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Manage the workload and deliverables of your production team which includes developers, artists, designers, and QA testers.
- Estimate scope, budgets, and timelines for new projects. Create proposals and plans for project delivery.
- Identify challenges and develop solutions and strategies to deliver our products efficiently and to a high quality.
- Manage project backlogs - detailing dependencies, acceptance criteria, and milestones.
- Present new ideas relating to development processes, tools and learning and development of our people.
- Provide feedback and performance/behavioural advice for direct reports and provide measurable growth goals.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including regular emails, IM, and meetings.
- Analyse live project performance and detail improvements.
- Assist in any other assignments as directed by the executive team. Reporting to the Managing Director.
- 4 plus years’ experience producing or developing games (or equivalent entertainment / software products).
- A strong understanding of game production and agile processes. Experience using Unity is highly desirable.
- Excellent project management skills with experience using a variety of project management tools.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience as a Producer/Team Lead.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with great time management skills.
- Excellent people management skills. An ability to resolve problems and work with a diverse team.
- Excellent decision-making skills. Able to evaluate trade-offs between the love triangle of good / fast / cheap and determine the best path forward.
- A passion to grow, and to help the team grow.
- A love for games!