We're looking for an experienced Unity developer to join our team based in Chippendale, Sydney for a 6-month contract.
The position will see you contribute to the development of multiple games while helping shape the development processes of our growing team. You will be directly involved in creating bespoke games from concept through to publishing with a particular focus on games for change and games for entertainment.
We are open to remote applications within Australia, but have a preference for applicants based in Sydney.
Why Chaos Theory
- A role that works with your lifestyle: flexible working hours, a mix of work-from-office and work-from-home, optional 4 or 5-day schedules, a centrally-based office.
- No crunch, no overtime. We have never asked anyone to work on a weekend. You don’t need to justify if you want to take an afternoon off or come in late, so long as you are achieving your goals and supporting your team.
- Create games with impact; go beyond entertainment. We are working on projects to improve primary school education, improve the lives of sufferers with chronic illnesses, educate the next generation of internet users, and more.
- Winner of Serious Game of The Year 2019 and 2021 at the Australian Game Developer Awards.
- Create games that players love! Our games have been downloaded over 70+ million times.
- Got a side project? Awesome! We encourage team members to pursue their personal interests, and don’t restrict anyone from working on their own game outside of work.
- Strong company community with regular (and optional) board / video game nights, games club (like book club, but games!), workshops and mentoring opportunities, company-supplied Friday lunches, and other social events.
- We’re invested in your personal growth. We offer 1-on-1 check-ins every fortnight, quarterly goal setting, and personal career roadmaps.
- A small team (~20 people) with many opportunities to shape the projects you work on and the team you work with. Everyone participates in changing our team's processes!
- We've achieved a carbon-negative status by planting over 1,500 trees and using 100% renewable power. Our next goal is to offset the carbon emissions for everyone on our team, both at work and at home.
- We value and nurture an open and inclusive work environment. A diverse team is a resilient team and one that usually comes up with the best ideas!
- Demonstrated mastery of C# and game system architecture.
- Experience working on shipped games made with Unity.
- 3-5+ years professional development experience.
- In-depth understanding and experience with Unity UI and Animation systems.
- Strong team focus and highly competent problem-solving skills.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive, and supportive environment.
- Experience with GIT version control.
- A passion for games.
- Experience working on VR titles is highly desirable.
- Experience with shader programming.
- Web development experience (including AWS / Azure architectures).
- Experience developing for multiplayer games.
- Experience with agile development practices.
You must have worked on a published title to be considered. Please include samples of your work that we can play or watch.
We are striving to create an open and inclusive workplace culture, and encourage all eligible candidates to apply.
At this time, we are not able to offer support with a Visa sponsorship.