Chaos Theory is looking for an experienced producer to join our Sydney based game development studio, a 12-month contract with the possibility of extension for the right candidate.
The position will see you manage the development of multiple products while helping shape the internal and external processes of our growing team. You will be directly interacting with clients, managing the production team, and facilitating the delivery of a wide variety of interactive digital products, with a particular focus on games for change, serious games, mobile games, AR, and VR.
Why Chaos Theory
- Our team is focused on creating games that make the world a better place. We are driven to use games to create change across environmental, social, and humanitarian issues.
- Winner of Serious Game of The Year 2019 at the Australian Game Developer Awards (and 2021 with your help).
- A career that works with your lifestyle: flexible working hours, a centrally-based office, and a competitive salary.
- Strong company community with regular game nights, Friday lunches, 1-on-1's, and other events.
- We offer an open and inclusive work environment and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Manage the workload and deliverables of your production team which includes developers, artists, designers, and QA testers.
- Identify challenges and develop solutions and strategies to deliver our products efficiently and to a high quality.
- Manage project backlogs - detailing dependencies, acceptance criteria, and milestones.
- Estimate scope, budgets, and team size. Create project plans that communicate estimates.
- Create low-fidelity design documentation (briefs, mockups, flow digrams) to communicate project requirements.
- Present new ideas relating to development processes, tools and learning and development of our people.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including regular emails, IM, and meetings.
- Analyse live project performance and detail improvements.
- Assist in any other assignments as directed by the executive team. Reporting to the Managing Director.
- 4 plus years’ experience producing or developing games (or equivalent entertainment / software products).
- A strong understanding of game production and agile processes. Experience using Unity is highly desirable.
- Excellent project management skills with experience using a variety of project management tools.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience as a Producer/Team Lead.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with great time management skills.
- Excellent people management skills. An ability to resolve problems and work with a diverse team.
- Excellent decision-making skills. Able to evaluate trade-offs between the love triangle of good / fast / cheap and determine the best path forward.
- A passion to grow, and to help the team grow.
- A love for games!