Chaos Theory is looking for an experienced producer to join our Sydney based game development studio. This is a full-time position starting in May 2022.
The position will see you manage the development of multiple products while helping shape the internal and external processes of our growing team. You will be directly interacting with clients, managing the production team, and facilitating the delivery of a wide variety of interactive digital products, with a particular focus on games for change, serious games, and mobile games.
We are currently working a mix of in-office and remotely, but plan to return to predominantly face-to-face work in the near future. We are open to remote applications but have a preference for applicants based in Sydney or willing to relocate.
Why Chaos Theory
- A role that works with your lifestyle: flexible working hours, a mix of work-from-office and work-from-home, optional 4 or 5-day schedules, a centrally-based office.
- No crunch, no overtime. We have never asked anyone to work on a weekend. You don’t need to justify if you want to take an afternoon off or come in late, so long as you are achieving your goals and supporting your team.
- Create games with impact; go beyond entertainment. We are working on projects to improve primary school education, improve the lives of sufferers with chronic illnesses, educate the next generation of internet users, and more.
- Winner of Serious Game of The Year 2019 and 2021 at the Australian Game Developer Awards.
- Create games that players love! Our games have been downloaded over 70+ million times.
- Got a side project? Awesome! We encourage team members to pursue their personal interests and don’t restrict anyone from working on their own game outside of work.
- Strong company community with regular (and optional) board / video game nights, games club (like book club, but games!), workshops and mentoring opportunities, company-supplied Friday lunches, and other social events.
- We’re invested in your personal growth. We offer 1-on-1 check-ins every fortnight, quarterly goal setting, and personal career roadmaps.
- A small team (~20 people) with many opportunities to shape the projects you work on and the team you work with. Everyone participates in changing our team's processes!
- We've achieved a carbon-negative status by planting over 1,500 trees and using 100% renewable power. Our next goal is to offset the carbon emissions for everyone on our team, both at work and at home.
- We value and nurture an open and inclusive work environment. A diverse team is a resilient team and one that usually comes up with the best ideas!
- Manage the workload and deliverables of your production team which includes developers, artists, designers, and QA testers.
- Identify challenges and develop solutions and strategies to deliver our products efficiently and to a high quality.
- Manage project backlogs - detailing dependencies, acceptance criteria, and milestones.
- Estimate scope, budgets, and team size. Create project plans that communicate estimates.
- Create low-fidelity design documentation (briefs, mockups, flow diagrams) to communicate project requirements.
- Present new ideas relating to development processes, tools and learning and development of our people.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including regular emails, IM, and meetings.
- Analyse live project performance and detail improvements.
- Assist in any other assignments as directed by the executive team. Reporting to the Managing Director.
- 2+ years experience producing or developing games (or equivalent entertainment / software products).
- A strong understanding of game production and agile processes. Experience using Unity is highly desirable.
- Excellent project management skills with experience using project management tools like Jira, Trello, Asana, etc.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized with great time management skills.
- Excellent people management skills. An ability to resolve problems and work with a diverse team.
- Excellent decision-making skills. Able to evaluate trade-offs between the love triangle of good / fast / cheap and determine the best path forward.
- A passion to grow, and to help the team grow.
- A love for games!
You must have a portfolio with previous work to be considered. Please include samples of your work that we can play or watch.
We are striving to create an open and inclusive workplace culture, and encourage all eligible candidates to apply.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: For the safety of staff and applicants, all interview stages will take place via video conference calls.