We're looking for a Quality Assurance Lead to join our team based in Chippendale, Sydney. This is a full-time position starting in March 2022.
This position will see you working alongside the creative and development teams to ensure we are delivering work to the highest quality. We have 2 Quality Assurance team members that you will be coordinating and working alongside. Our work has a particular focus on games for change, serious games, and mobile games.
We are currently working a mix of in-office and remotely, but plan to return to predominantly face-to-face work in the near future. We are open to remote applications, but have a preference for applicants based in Sydney or willing to relocate.
Why Chaos Theory
- A role that works with your lifestyle: flexible working hours, a mix of work-from-office and work-from-home, optional 4 or 5-day schedules, a centrally-based office.
- No crunch, no overtime. We have never asked anyone to work on a weekend. You don’t need to justify if you want to take an afternoon off or come in late, so long as you are achieving your goals and supporting your team.
- Create games with impact; go beyond entertainment. We are working on projects to improve primary school education, improve the lives of sufferers with chronic illnesses, educate the next generation of internet users, and more.
- Winner of Serious Game of The Year 2019 and 2021 at the Australian Game Developer Awards.
- Create games that players love! Our games have been downloaded over 70+ million times.
- Got a side project? Awesome! We encourage team members to pursue their personal interests and don’t restrict anyone from working on their own game outside of work.
- Strong company community with regular (and optional) board / video game nights, games club (like book club, but games!), workshops and mentoring opportunities, company-supplied Friday lunches, and other social events.
- We’re invested in your personal growth. We offer 1-on-1 check-ins every fortnight, quarterly goal setting, and personal career roadmaps.
- A small team (~20 people) with many opportunities to shape the projects you work on and the team you work with. Everyone participates in changing our team's processes!
- We've achieved a carbon-negative status by planting over 1,500 trees and using 100% renewable power. Our next goal is to offset the carbon emissions for everyone on our team, both at work and at home.
- We value and nurture an open and inclusive work environment. A diverse team is a resilient team and one that usually comes up with the best ideas!
- Plan, develop, test, and release new features across multiple platforms (mobile, desktop, and console).
- Develop testing plans and acceptance criteria for project releases, including regression testing for live releases.
- Gather feedback from players or testing groups and prioritise issues and feedback for future development.
- Analyse and classify issues, including consulting with crash reporting and error reporting tools.
- Recreate bugs and provide accurate and succinct information to assist with fixing problems.
- Routinely test games with a consistent and exhaustive process to identify issues.
- Profile game performance and identify bottlenecks.
- Provide feedback, suggestions, and improvements to assist with the design of game features.
Qualifications / Experience:
- 3+ years experience in Quality Assurance or software development roles within the games industry.
- Experience releasing games on mobile platforms (Android + iOS) and the requirements that come with mobile releases.
- Experience with Unity. You are familiar enough to test Editor tools, profile for performance, and create builds.
- Experience with project management tools and workflows, especially Jira. You are comfortable managing and contributing to a backlog of features and issues.
- Prior experience in a software development environment. You are comfortable using Git, creating builds from branches, and you are comfortable working with project management software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- A love for games!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We've temporarily transitioned to a work-from-home model and are continuing to interview and hire during this time. For the safety of staff and applicants, all interview stages will take place via video conference calls.