We're looking for a talented UI / UX designer to work join our team based in Ultimo, Sydney. This is a full-time position starting in January 2021.
Our UI requirements vary per project, and can include initial user research through to UX wireframing and UI mockups for a brand new product, to tweaking provided designs and extending them to add missing assets. We are looking for someone to help make our games look incredible, and flow smoothly.
View some of our projects: Owls & Vowels, Lifty.
Why Chaos Theory
- A role that works with your lifestyle: flexible working hours, a centrally-based office, and a competitive rate.
- Winner of Serious Game of The Year 2019 at the Australian Game Developer Awards.
- Strong company community with regular game nights, Friday lunches, 1-on-1's, and other events.
- We offer an open and inclusive work environment and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent understanding of mobile game UX.
- Portfolio demonstrating UI design skills across a variety of styles.
- Comprehensive understanding of Adobe CC and your prototyping tool of choice: Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Ability to illustrate custom icons, graphics, and widgets.
- Ability to create UX prototypes based on written briefs.
- Ability to illustrate storyboards, user flows and behaviours, and low fidelity concepts.
- Good understanding of game asset pipeline for UI assets: atlasing, 9-sliced images, etc.
- A commitment to working in a professional, inclusive, and supportive environment.
- Highly competent problem-solving skills.
- A passion for games.
- Experience working on shipped mobile games made with Unity.
- Experience exporting and implementing UI assets in Unity.
- Experience with user testing: conducting interviews, observing playtests, etc.
- Traditional drawing skills, exceptional eye for composition and colour & meticulous attention to detail.
- Animation skills, to create animation reference for UI assets.
Please include samples of your work that we can play or watch.
We are striving to create an open and inclusive workplace culture, and encourage all eligible candidates to apply.