Chaos Theory is looking for a Quality Assurance tester to join our Sydney-based game development studio. This is a 6-month contract with the possibility for extension for the right candidate, starting in July 2021.
The position will see you working alongside the art and development teams to test all of our additions to several exciting applied games and entertainment games.
Why Chaos Theory
- Work on games that have a positive impact on the world and improve the quality of life of players.
- A role that works with your lifestyle: flexible working hours, a centrally-based office, and a competitive rate.
- Winner of Serious Game of The Year 2019 at the Australian Game Developer Awards. You will get to work on innovative and impact focused projects.
- Strong company community with regular game nights, Friday lunches, 1-on-1's, and other events.
- We offer an open and inclusive work environment and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Provide embedded support for the development team to help fulfil the requirements for multiple projects.
- Recreate bugs and provide accurate and succinct information to assist with fixing problems.
- Routinely test games with a consistent and exhaustive process to identify issues.
- Profile game performance and identify bottlenecks.
- Review user feedback and crash reports.
- Provide feedback, suggestions, and improvements to assist with the design of the games.
- Provide assistance to the QA Manager and Producers.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience in a professional QA role is highly regarded.
- Experience with Unity. You are familiar enough to test Editor tools, profile for performance, and create builds.
- Prior experience in a software development environment. You are comfortable using Git, creating builds from branches, and you are comfortable working with project management software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- A love for games!